Here’s a great way to let your kids have more fun in the bath! So easy to make using household ingredients! These make wonderful gifts for Christmas, Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day or as a cute party favours!
What you will need:
1 & 3/4 cup of bi-carb soda
2 cups cornflour
1 cup citric acid (found in the baking aisle of the grocery store)
*Baking molds – we used silicone as it’s so much easier to get the fizzies out
1. Sift the baking soda, citric acid, and cornstarch into mixing bowl.
2. Fill the spritzer bottles with water and add about 6 drops of food colouring to each (we had 2 bottles and then washed them out as we have four colours)
3. Pour a cup or so of your powdered mixture into a smaller bowl. Lightly spritz, stirring after each spritz, until the powder is your desired colour. Add water slowly, so mixture does not fizz. When your mixture has a ‘wet sand’ consistency & can be tightly packed or shaped, stop spritzing (this may take a little while). Do this with all of your colours.
3. Select an essential oil – we used a lovely lemon scented one. Add a few drops and mix well.
4. Firmly pack mixture into the baking molds. My Master 5 had a ball doing this, he loved the feel of it.
5. Let your mixture sit for a few hours – preferably over night. We found that the longer we left them, the easier it was to get them out of the molds without any breakages.
*note you WILL get a few casualties when getting your bath fizzies out of their mold so make sure you make extra : )
These literally ‘fizz’ up in the bath and the kids LOVED them!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Let us know if you try them and what your kids thought of them!
Check out some of our other ‘Bath Time Fun’ Activities: