Asparagus is in season again! Yay for spring! My kids and I LOVE the mild flavour of Asparagus and this is one of our favourite recipes using it! It’s such a simple and fast recipe to create (especially if you use some left over chicken breast). It’s always been a winner in our house and I’m sure it’s a great way to introduce Asparagus into your children’s diet too!
- 300g of penne pasta (cooked via packet instructions)
- 500g of cooked chicken breast (you can pre-cook or use BBQ chicken meat)
- 200g of thinly sliced short cut bacon
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 1 handful of fresh asparagus (cut into pieces)
- 1 can of Light and Creamy evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon of wholegrain mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese to serve
Brown the bacon and then salute the onion and garlic. Add the cooked chicken, asparagus and cook until the asparagus is slightly wilted. Sprinkle with the cornflour and cook ‘off’ for 1 minute before pouring in the cream and mustard. Stir through the pasta and sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
I hope you enjoy this easy and tasty recipe as much as my family does! Be sure to head here to find all of our great ‘tried and tested’ recipes!