This easy Zucchini Fritter recipe came about on a lazy Sunday morning when the pantry and fridge were looking rather bare! I didn’t want to make a trip to the shops for our lunch so I looked at what ingredients I had and decided it was either a quiche or some fritters…the fritters won! My family devoured them with some fresh guacamole. I froze a few by placing them in a zip lock bag with a layer of baking paper between them. I place them still frozen in my children’s lunch box and they are thawed in time for their lunch – EASY!
- 2 medium zucchini (grated with the excess liquid squeezed out – my kids love this job)
- 2 finely chopped shallots (my kids love to use scissors to do this job)
- 100g of finely chopped ham
- 125g tin of corn (drained)
- 4 eggs
- 3 generous tablespoons of cream cheese
- 1/3 cup of Self Raising Flour
- 1/3 cup of grated cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Whisk the eggs and cream cheese together first and then mix in all the other ingredients. Cook in a large non-stick fry pan over medium heat until golden brown and cooked through (roughly 3 mins each side).
I hope your family enjoy these as much as mine do!
If you’re looking for more lunch box ideas click here!