This Easy Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe was given to me by a close family friend (thanks Kelly) after she made a huge batch when we were camping together. That was well over two years ago and it’s now become a family favourite in our house with many other friends asking for the recipe too!
- 800g ground beef mince
- 810g tin of crushed tomatoes
- 420g tin of tomato puree
- 420g tin of tomato soup (salt reduced)
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 2 large carrots (finely chopped)
- 1 large stalk of celery (finely chopped)
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 heaped tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1 heaped tablespoon of sugar
Sauté the onion, celery and carrot until tender, add the mince and cook until browned then add the garlic, tomato paste and cook for a further minute. Pour in the crushed tomatoes, puree, and soup and bring to a gentle simmer before adding the oregano and sugar. Simmer for a further 20 mins before serving on your favourite choice of cooked pasta with fresh cheese sprinkled on top.
This recipe makes enough to serve 8! It freezes really well so we always have some stored in the freezer for the inevitable night when we don’t feel like cooking.
We hope you and your family enjoy this recipe as much as we do! You can find heaps of other family friendly meal ideas here.