This One Pot Braised Beef with Veggies and Noodles is such a simple dish to prepare and cook! Both my 2 & 6 year old LOVE it! It has the lovely flavours of mild ginger, soy and a touch of honey to add some sweetness. This recipe serves 6 – it’s fantastic reheated the next day for an easy lunch!
- 1 litre of Salt Reduced Beef Stock
- 1 litre of water
- 120ml soy sauce
- Juice and rind of 1 lime
- 2 garlic gloves finely sliced
- Thumb sized piece of ginger (peeled and sliced finely)
- Bunch Coriander stalks (reserve the leaves for a garnish)
- 800gm fillet of beef (fat removed) *we used a blade cut
- 1 cup cut Green Beans
- 1 Bunch of Broccolini (or half a large head of Broccoli)
- 3 spring onions finely sliced
- 1 packet of fresh egg or rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- *optional* half a red chilli finely chopped (I add this to mine and my husband’s bowls at time of serving)
- Tin foil
Place the Water, Stock, Soy Sauce, Garlic, Ginger, Coriander stalks, Lime Juice & rind into a large saucepan and bring to the boil and then reduce heat until simmering, leave to simmer for 10mins before adding the beef and returning to simmer. Remove the beef after 20mins and allow it to rest for 10mins covered in some tin foil.
Meanwhile, using a slotted spoon remove the Corriander stalks and return the liquid to the boil before adding the Green Beans & Broccolini to cook for 3mins or until tender. Turn off the heat and add the noodles, honey and spring onions to heat through while you carve the meat.
Carve the meat into thin strips. Using a slotted spoon carefully divide the cooked vegetables and noodles into bowls, place a serving of meat over the veggies & noodles, ladle some stock over all the ingredients before placing some fresh chilli and coriander on top.