We LOVE Tacos in our house, but the touch of OCD inside of me gets activated when little fingers are pouring food all over the table! Insert Oven Baked Tacos here! This is literally the easiest way to make and serve tacos! I will never make them the ‘old way’ again! I have even added some extra veggies to this too that the kids do NOT taste! So let’s do this!
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
2. Add mince and onion to a frying pan until brown. Drain any excess fat. Add can of tomatoes, grated zucchini, taco seasoning & 1/2 cup of water. Cook & stir until there is no liquid left (approximately 7 – 8 minutes).
3. Stand your Taco Shells up in an oven tray (I used the flat based Taco Shells, but if you can’t get your hands on these, you can roll up small balls of alfoil to put in between your shells to help stand them up).
4. Add a small sprinkling of cheese to each shell then add the mince (about 2 tbs) and then top with another layer of cheese.
5. Bake in the oven for 8 – 10 minutes until cheese is golden brown.
6. Top with desired toppings and serve!
If you liked this recipe, check out our ‘Cooking with Kids‘ section for other yummy ideas!