This is such a super cool idea! It’s a great way to up-cycle those old crayon ends and it makes a renewed interest in something old and boring! They would also make a great gift! Any kindy teacher would love some of these! You could also do heart shapes for school friends too!
To make your own you will need:
1. Peel off all of the wrappers from your crayons
2. Cut all of the crayons into small pieces.
I separated my crayons into their colours…I liked the idea of putting ‘clumps of colour’ into the molds.
3. Place your crayon pieces into your molds and place the molds on the baking tray
4. Place them into the oven for 10 minutes at 150 degrees (keep an eye on them as if you cook them too long, you won’t see the separate colours as well)
5. When they are completely melted, remove from the oven and let them cool completely (approximately 30 minutes)
6. When they are cool, pop out your new crayons!
7. Have fun colouring!
Here are some other cool ways of using Crayons: