We have had the pleasure of testing out the brand new Sonic Colours: Ultimate game which is a remastering of the 2010 Nintendo Wii title Sonic Colours.
What the game is about
Sonic the Hedgehog is of course the feature of the game. He is loving his time in the Interstellar Amusement Park – created by Dr. Eggman.
The Amusement Park is powered by an alien race called the ‘Wisps’. The ‘Wisps’ have their own personality and powers. For example, ‘Cyan’ turns Sonic into a laser beam which allows him to blast through the game at hyper speed. ‘Orange’ turns Sonic into a rocket and can be fired up into the air to reach high places. They all need to be freed with Sonic’s help (and the players of course). Keep your eye out for the new Jade Wisp too. This clever little creature grants Sonic the ability to pass through walls easily and levitate like a ghost to reach otherwise impossible areas.
The game has amazing graphics with bright, stunning visuals and a new game mode with other additional features too but the main feature I have found with this game is the way it has helped me reconnect with my son…
How it helped me reconnect with my son
I’ve not really played a lot of games with the kids because they’re usually playing each other (and I’m never ‘good’ at it). When I saw my son playing this game with such excitement, I decided to give it a go.
I really love the fact that there is a ‘mini-game’ inside the game called ‘The Game Land’. Because this realm is two player or ‘co-op play’, my sonwas able to lead me through different aspects of the realm and teach me how to play… he even waits for me to catch up bless him.
Why it helps
What I have found with kids sometimes is that they are not always in the ‘talking mood’. They often keep feelings and thoughts to themselves. What I have recently found is when they’re playing a video game with me and having fun, the conversation starts to flow. I have honestly found out more about their day when they’re playing the game then what I would get at the dinner table.
I am so grateful that I have been able to reconnect with my kids whilst playing these games. There is a lot of opinion out there on-screen time but in this instance, I have found it so important and I hope you do too.
A review from the kids
I asked my kids to write a little review on the game too:
My 13-year-old boy said this:
“The game is high quality and is really fun to play. The levels are all very creative and very exciting and challenging. The idea of the game is great, and I love to play it all the time. I would highly recommend this game and I give it a 10/10”.
My 10-year-old daughter said:
I liked the Sonic Colours game because it was very fun, and the graphics were great. I loved the effort the creators had put into it as it would have been a lot of work to create such an amazing game and the creators should be very proud. It was very cool because you can also play two player and I played with my brother. I absolutely LOVED the levels. Every level made me, and my brother laugh. Now I am addicted to this awesome sonic game and CANNOT stop playing it! 🤣
To celebrate the launch of the brand new Sonic Colours: Ultimate game, we are giving away 3 copies of the game across PS4, Xbox and Nintendo Switch (9 copies total). Valued at $59.95/each to our Fun Mum Community!
All you need to do is tell us in 25 words or less what you and your family love about Sonic the Hedgehog. Add your entry via the comments section at the bottom of this post and cross your fingers! *UPDATED* Please also note what game console you use (no need to count that in your 25 words).
Entries Close 11/10/21 at 11.59pm EST.
Paging Fun Mums Competition Terms and Conditions
- You must be 18 years of age or over and an Australian resident to enter this competition. An entrant must be an individual and not a company or organisation.
- Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. The promoter reserves the right not to award the prizes if the entrant fails to meet these terms.
- No responsibility is taken for late, lost, misdirected or delayed entries.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable and the promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation of these prizes.
- The entry method is by going to www.pagingfunmums.com.
- Entry via fake Facebook profile will result in disqualification and you may be asked for proof of identification to verify this.
- Entry to the competition is free.
- Only one entry per person is accepted.
- Employees of the promoter, sponsors or any person associated with the prize are ineligible to enter.
- The judging will commence within 24 hours of the closing date and the winners will be notified by the email address they provided in the website comments. If the email is returned undeliverable or there is no response is received or within 48 hours the competition will be rejudged, another winner identified. No responsibility will be accepted for emails which are misdirected or end up in the spam folder.
- The winner will have their full name published on the Paging Fun Mums Page at www.pagingfunmums.com.
- Paging Fun Mums reserve the right to use the winners name, image, text or voice for promotional purposes for an unlimited time period without remuneration.
- Paging Fun Mum’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for changes in Competition dates or dates, times or values of prize components, for any incomplete, late, lost or misdirected entries or for any inability for any entrant to access, view or load the Website. In the event the Promoter postpones or varies the Competition or any elements of a prize, it (and any party associated with the Competition) will not be liable to any person for any loss or damage of any kind (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss or loss or damage caused by the Promoter’s or other party’s negligence) arising out of, or in connection with, the postponement or variation of the Competition or a prize, nor will the Promoter or other party be liable for any loss, damage, payment or expense of any kind (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss or damage caused by the Promoter’s or other party’s negligence) or personal injury or other damage suffered or sustained as a result of entering, judging, running, cancellation or acceptance, enjoyment or use of the Competition or a prize or any aspect of or access to the Website. While the Promoter takes care to ensure all information relating to the Competition is correct, it does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of all information provided and will not be liable for any inaccuracy, omission or error. Entrants should make their own enquiries to verify all information provided.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its discretion, subject to any approval or directions from regulatory bodies, at any time during the Competition Period to vary, withdraw, postpone or cancel the Competition or any prize including where in the Promoter’s opinion no entry satisfies the entry requirements or it cannot conduct the Competition or grant a prize for any other reason beyond its control.
- Entrants should understand that they are providing their information to the promoter and competition sponsors and not to Facebook. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- All entrants will automatically be subscribed to the Paging Fun Mums and competition sponsors’ newsletters. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- The competition organiser/promoter of this competition is PAGING FUN MUMS – trading as Mums We Can Trust PO BOX 5673 Maroochydore QLD BC 4558.
- The sponsors are PAGING FUN MUMS (Pagingfunmums.com) and the competition sponsor as noted in the editorial.
- Users are to allow up to 60 days for delivery of prizes due to challenges faced with fulfilment during COVID-19.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.