This post is sponsored by The Good Dinosaur.
As many of our readers already know my son is obsessed with Dinosaurs! He and his big sister both loved watching The Good Dinosaur at the cinemas and are super excited for its release on DVD so we can watch it as a family at home…did someone say “Family Movie Night!”?
We love nothing more than cuddling up on the couch to enjoy a family friendly movie together, especially one from the Disney & PIXAR team…The Good Dinosaur (from the creators of Inside Out) is available for purchase on Blu-ray™ & DVD May 11th. Like most digital releases it’s due to be packed full of extra features and bonus footage from the movie too. This movie is a story of courage, action and adventure as we imagine what would have possibly happened if that asteroid failed to hit earth and make Dinosaurs extinct, watch the trailer below and head here to read more about this family friendly movie.
We’re also giving 5 of our readers the chance to WIN their own The Good Dinosaur DVD copy… so you can bring home this original story full of humour, heart, action and imagination, perfect for the whole family and host your own Fun Family Movie Night! Simply click on the image below to enter and view all the T&Cs.
FUN FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT IDEAS
- Set a theme based around your movie! You can go as BIG or SMALL as you like with this but why not plan your family meal and snacks based around the theme. Example, for The Good Dinosaur you could make Dinosaur shaped pizzas for dinner and these adorable cookies to snack on during the movie – find the full recipe here!
- Choose the movie as a family. Sometimes not everyone can agree on a movie, we try to make a list and take turns choosing the selected movie. We even print our own ticket stubs at home! We used the Printable from The Organised Housewife, you can order the printable here. You may want to write all your selected movies on a different ticket and draw the DVD from a box! FUN!
- Take your movie night OUTDOORS! Now that’s a FUN idea that the kids will remember forever. Read all about hosting an outdoor movie night here
- Or why not set up your own Trampoline Cinema! Learn all about this great home movie idea from Living Locurto here.
- Get comfortable! Have everyone in their PJ’s with their pillows and blankets at the ready. We sometimes set up an indoor tent to make the night even more magical and FUN. It’s also smart to plan an intermission break for everyone to use the bathroom (or you’ll be pausing the movie all night long).
GLOWING DINOSAUR HANDPRINT KEEPSAKE – Inspired by The Good Dinosaur.
After watching The Good Dinosaur on DVD you might feel inspired to re-create a poster from the movie using your child’s handprint.
I loved the beautiful glowing fireflies from the movie and thought it would be super cool to include a glowing element into our canvas. We are so happy with the end results and my son is so proud to have it hanging (and glowing) in his room at night.
Here are the easy steps to create your own –
What you’ll need.
- White art canvas
- White cardstock
- Green paint
- Glow in the Dark paint
- Blue paint
- Foam roller brush
- Double sided craft tape
- Clear sealer
Start by painting your canvas using the blue paint, set that aside to dry and start tracing The Good Dinosaur (Arlo’s) shape onto your white cardstock (a similar shape to this poster) keeping in mind the size of your child’s hand will determine how large your Dinosaur needs to be. Trace your child’s hand in the middle of the Dinosaur and then have your child paint the whole design green, allow the green to dry before applying two coats of glow in the dark paint. Once your Dinosaur shape is fully dry, cut it out and use the double sided tape to secure it to the blue canvas as shown below. I used a clear sealer to coat the entire canvas project to help preserve it over time.
We hope you enjoyed all our Family Movie ideas and this fun art project! We also hope you get the opportunity to watch The Good Dinosaur at home with your family soon.
If you want to become a Fellow Fun Mum Member & receive all of our fun craft, recipes & activities as well as special offers & promotions – click the button on our home page 🙂