This post is Sponsored by You’re Better on Beef.
As busy Mums we all know how hard it can be to get a delicious and nutritious meal on the table. There are kids hanging off you, the phone ringing, your iPhone beeping, the thought of homework to finish and so on and so on. There are plenty of ’15-minute meals’ out there, but I wanted a set of recipes that I can actually make in 15 minutes. I also wanted to add more essential nutrients into our diets…it’s often seems easier to throw on a chicken thigh fillet but beef is actually super easy to prepare and deliciously healthy.
Thanks to You’re Better on Beef I have found a bunch of delicious and healthy meals using beef that I can easily prepare for the family within 15-minutes!
These recipes are the perfect mid-week lifesavers – quick, easy and jam-packed with all the goodness of beef such as protein, iron and zinc!
Our favourite family recipe so far is Beef Satay Skewers with Couscous. It’s so easy to prepare and I don’t know about you, but with my kids, if something is on a stick they will eat it! My little girl (Miss 5) loves to help in the kitchen so she threads all of the food on the skewers and dinner is done!
Check out this cute video of her making them the other night.
Beef Satay Skewers with Couscous
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
500g diced rump steak (3cm cubes)
250g cherry tomatoes
1 yellow capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
250ml satay sauce
Olive oil spray
200g (1 cup) wholemeal couscous
Coriander leaves and baby salad leaves, to serve
1. Using 8 metal or bamboo skewers, thread the beef, tomatoes and capsicum alternatively onto the skewers. Season with sea salt and pepper.
2. Brush the skewers with half the satay sauce, reserving the remaining sauce to serve.
3. Pre-heat a lightly oiled barbecue or char-grill pan over medium-high heat and cook skewers for 8 to 10 minutes, turning often, or until lightly charred and cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions.
5. Serve the skewers drizzled with the remaining satay sauce, couscous sprinkled with coriander and baby salad leaves on the side.
· You will need to soak bamboo skewers for 5 to 10 minutes in cold water before using to prevent burning.
It is as delicious as it looks!
For more delicious 15 minute beef recipes head here.
If you are feeling inspired for more delicious 15-minute Beef recipes head to Beef 15 to find loads of delicious and wholesome 15-minute beef recipes you can easily create. There are a variety of recipes with different cuts so you’re sure to find one to suit your family (and any fussy eaters!)
Take the challenge and let us know which recipe is your favourite! We’d love to hear how you go with the 15-minute beef recipe challenge.