This is one of my family’s FAVOURITES! I love it because I can pop it all in the Slow Cooker and dinner is ready after school! The kids & hubby love the flavour & the juicy meat! I give you Osso Bucco with Gremolata!
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 8 (1.2kg) beef osso bucco
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Place flour onto a large plate. Add the beef one piece at a time & coat in the flour.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 2 – 3 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic to pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 – 4 minutes or until onion has softened. Add wine. Bring to the boil. Boil for 2 – 3 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Transfer to a 5 litre slow-cooker. Add beef, tomato, tomato paste and stock. Cover. Turn slow-cooker on low.
- Cook for 6 hours or until beef is tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make Gremolata – place parsley, lemon rind and garlic in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Serve Osso Bucco with a sprinkling of gremolata.
We have plenty of other recipes for you in our ‘Cooking with Kids’ section. Check them out!