We both have kiddies starting prep this year (sob, sob). We have been very spoilt with kindergarten having fridges to store the kids lunch boxes & drink bottles, but this will not be the case for prep. We decided to investigate the market and ask our followers on Facebook what is the best lunchbox they use for their kids at school….we had HUNDREDS of Mum’s say Fridge To Go was by far the best!
Being that we had never used these school lunch bags before, we investigated! We got in touch with the lovely Noelle from Fridge To Go & she was kind enough to send us Two medium sized Lunch Bags to put to the test!
We have tried and tested our lunch boxes and here are but a few of the things we found:
1. Sushi stays cool for OVER 8 hours (10 in fact!)
2. We put in a warm boiled egg into the bag then after a little while…the egg was COLD and continued to be so for 8 hours!
3. The strap is loved my our kids, but it also fits well into their school bags.
4. The freezer panel is easy to place into the zipped pocket & just as easy to pop into the freezer when not in use (we love the idea that the freezer panel is zipped away too…we all know how many ice bricks get lost at school!)
5. It wipes clean very easily
6. Our kids can be sent to school with healthy, fresh, homemade food that is going to stay cold & bacteria free! (This is a load off any Mummys mind!)
7. We can fit PLENTY of food inside the Lunch Bag….the freezer panel is so slim and covers the entire bottom of the lunch bag ensuring lots of chilled space!
8. There is a little velcro storage pocket on the front – great for some wipes, tissues or a nice message from Mummy : )
9. When the Lunch Bags are not in use they are fully collapsible to flat – making for easy storage
10. Another great fact about the Fridge To Go Lunch Bags is that they are BPA-free, lead and PVC-safe AND they are environmentally friendly!
The medium size lunch bag is perfect for school as it has plenty of room of a sandwich & snacks!
As you can see in this image, it holds a sandwich, a sushi roll, a boiled egg, a container of fruit & veggies AND some cheese & tomato bites! After we closed all of the containers, we STILL managed to fit in an apple, a yoghurt and a packet of sultanas!
Needless to say we are thrilled with the Fridge To Go Lunch Bags…they really do do everything they say they can! For a Retail price of $34.95, you simply can’t go wrong! Here are the dimensions too: 20W x 8D x 23H (cm) – internal measurement & Weight 650g.
The kids had a ball having a picnic with their Fridge To Go Lunch Bag! It can go from school, to the park, to the beach…anywhere you like!
Head to the Fridge to Go Website to purchase your own! OR they are now affiliated with Amazon so head here to order if you are outside of Australia! *please not the floral print Medium bag is no longer available (it was a limited addition). Check out their website to find the current limited additions.