I got the original recipe for this delicious dish from a ‘Healthy Babies’ book and have added garlic, lemon zest & lemon for extra kick! The kids & the hubby love it! It’s yummy, healthy & very easy to make!
300g pasta shells
500g baby spinach
600g low-fat ricotta cheese
2 tbs finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 tbs finely chopped fresh mint
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 tbs lemon zest
1/4 cup lemon juice
700g bottled tomato pasta sauce
1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
1/4 finely grated parmesan cheese (or to your liking)
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C/160 degrees C fan forced.
2. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water according to instructions.
3. Wilt spinach (I steam them above the pasta as it’s cooking). Drain. Squeeze out excess liquid. Chop finely.
4. Combine spinach in large oven proof dish with ricotta, herbs, lemon zest & lemon juice.
5. Add pasta, pasta sauce & stock & stir through.
6. Sprinkle with parmesan. Bake, covered for 30 minutes. Then remove lid and bake for a further 10 minutes until browned lightly.
7. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
8. Serve with a green salad & crusty bread!
This is now one of our family favourites!