These little treats are so adorable they are hard to resist! I found the inspiration for these at A Mummy Too and HAD to make them!
- Cadbury Creme Egg
- 4 squares of cooking chocolate
- 6 white chocolate buttons
- Orange sprinkles
- Blue icing gel (found in most baking aisles)
- Melt the cooking chocolate and get a clean teaspoon ready
- Turn a clean, empty bowl upside down (this bit’s important)
- Place two white buttons side by side on the upturned bowl
- Using the teaspoon, put a small blob of melted chocolate behind the two buttons, where they meet
- Stick the cream egg on top, pointy end up
- Using the melted chocolate as glue, stick on the two white chocolate buttons for the eyes
- Cut one of the buttons in half and ‘glue’ to either side of the egg for wings
- Cut a triangle shape out of a button & ‘glue’ for the beak
- Using the Icing gel, creating your birdies pupils
- Then dollop a little melted chocolate atop of the head & add sprinkles for a little mo-hawk!
- Repeat if you are making more
- Allow the chicks to set in the fridge for 10 minutes then ‘free’ them from the bowl by turning it right way up again and filling with a little boiled water – carefully pull on the chick after a few seconds and it should come off whole.
If you liked this Easter Activity, you may also like our:
If you want to become a Fellow Fun Mum Member & receive all of our fun craft, recipes & activities as well as special offers & promotions – click the button on our home page : )
Oh, and why not pop over and ‘like’ us on Facebook OR perhaps Twitter is your thing. . You can also find us on Pinterest & Instagram too!